Written by Abu Kaiser
Tuesday, 22 January 2008
There are International Associations which include among others;
The EAST AFRICAN MAGISTRATES AND JUDGES ASSOCIATION
The EAST AFRICAN MAGISTRATES AND JUDGES Association with its Head Quarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The Associations’ Geographical area of operation is in the East African region covering Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda and Kenya.
The General assembly is the supreme governing organ of the Association and is composed of all members.
There are established organs of the Association namely:
(a) The General Assembly
(b) The Executive Council.
(c) Committees and sub-committees to be established by the executive council, and
(d) The Secretariat.
The Objectives for which this Association is established are:-
- To promote measures that will contribute to the improvement and efficiency in the Administration of Justice, Adherence to the Rule of law, Good Governance, and the Independence of the Judiciary.
- To promote and protect Human Rights.
- To advance education in law within the East African Community member states.
- To enhance knowledge and understanding of judicial functions through research, dissemination of information, training and exchange programmes.
- To advance the Science of Legal Jurisprudence.
- To Harmonise the Administration of Justice in the member countries.
- To promote, and protect the Legal interests, Welfare, Dignity, and Honour of Judicial Officers in member countries.
- To establish close working relations, and exchange expertise and ideas, among EAMJA Member Associations.
- To get Observer status in the East African Community, and promote the principles and aims of the community, especially in the legal and judicial aspects thereof.
- To cooperate and coordinate with, and where possible be affiliated to other
Organizations, regional or international, with similar objectives as those of the EAMJA.
Last Updated ( Monday, 13 August 2012 )